How Can We Help?
Creating a report
Reporting allows you to quickly summarize data and information from your students’ programs. This tool allows users to compile data for a set time period – whether for a single student or an entire school district – with only a few quick clicks. To generate a report, simply navigate to the ‘Reporting’ section on the left hand menu of the website (app.behaviorflow.org).
Creating a new report
To generate a brand new report simply click the blue “Create New Report” button in the upper right corner of the screen. If you have created reports in the past, they will be shown in the “Recently Used” or “Saved” reports section on this screen. To learn more about how to use these sections effectively, read the last section of this help article.
Creating a new report allows you to decide what time frame the report should span, which students should be included in the report, and which written and data components should be pulled from each student program.
Selecting any of the preset date range options (1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year) automatically sets the date range for that period of time back from today. If you require a different date range, you can select ‘Custom Range’ and use the calendar features to select your ‘From’ and ‘To’ dates.
In the students section you can easily select an individual student or an entire group from the organizations that you belong to. Selecting a group will generate a report for all of the students in that group. If you wish to select individual students you can easily navigate into your groups and select only the students that you want to be included in the report. One report will get generated for each student that is selected.
In this section you can choose to include all of the programs that each student has, or only include programs for which data was collected during the selected time period.
To include elements from your students’ written programs in the report, simply click the elements that you would like included in the Written Components section. As an example, if you would like the ‘Operational Definition of Behavior/Skill’ from each program to be included as a part of the report, simply select that element. Selected components will be included for all of the programs that are included in the report.
The data summary section allows you to customize how you would like the numerical data to be presented in the report. You can choose to display the data for the time period with the following options:
- Summarize data averages by: Data averages that are created for each program can be presented either by Week or by Month
- Include all responses: Every data probe from the time period will be listed in a line, separated by commas
- Include ranges: The highest and lowest responses during each week/month of the time period will be included
- First/Last data points of the time period: Select if you want to show the first X data points of the time period, and if you want to include the last X data points of the time period. As an example, you can choose to include the first 3 and last 3 data points of the time period.
- Include Graph and Data Summary Page, thumbnail or full-sized: Coming Soon
- Notes: Any notes written on program Graphs or program Data Sheets by teachers can be included in the report
Add Written Note to Report
You can choose to include an additional written note in the reports. This can be done on a per student basis (select ‘Add Note per Student’), or one note can be written which will be included in all student reports.
Creating the Report
When you have selected all of the options for the report that you would like to create, simply click the blue ‘Create Report’ button in the upper right corner of the screen. There will be a brief loading screen as the report is being generated. This may take up to a minute.
When the report has been created, you will land on a new screen which says “Report successfully created!”. To download the report, be sure to click the large ‘Download Files’ button at the top left of the screen.
*Note – Files are created in a Zip folder to save on file size. If you are having trouble extracting files from the Zip folder, try manually extracting the files (right click the file and select extract), copying them to your desktop, or use a third party Zip File extractor. There are many high quality free Zip File extractors available.
Save report settings for future use
Many users need to create similar reports on a regular basis, be it every quarter, every month, or even every day. To make this easier, you can save the report settings that you just created for future use. Simply enter the name you would like to save your report as into the text box (e.g. ‘Quarterly Report’), and then click the blue ‘Save’ button. The report will now be saved in your Saved Reports.
Saved & Recent Reports
If you have created reports in the past, they will be included in the ‘Recently Used’ or ‘Saved’ sections when you first click on reporting from the left hand menu of the website.
- ‘Recently Used’ reports can be thought of as a history of reports that you have run. For example, if you ran a report in January and you can no longer find the file, you can always scroll through your ‘Recently Used’ section, find the date of the report, and run it again. The time period, students, and data summary that you selected is saved so that you don’t need to go through the hassle of creating the report all over again.
‘Saved’ reports can be thought of as templates that you created to be used over and over again in the future. If you create a report and save it, it will save all of the report settings that you selected, and apply them to the current time frame. For example, if you create a perfect quarterly report, you can save it and then run it in the future whenever your next quarterly report – no adjusting of settings required. Simply click the saved report then click create report in the upper right corner.